Thursday, June 5, 2008

Si Nightmare at si Puling


For some reasons my younger brother and sister are not home for the summer. They’re in some part of the world, far from the defiant stares of our folks. They say all is good, that they’ll be back before the start of terms (next week). But still nothing’s been the same without them around the house.

I call my brother Nico – Nightmare and my sister Iris – Puling. They’re the cutest for me, both huggable and so entertaining to be with. Nightmare was the one who introduced me to a whole new world of anime, especially Chobits and Naruto, and the one who is to blame for my busted pc. I’d always catch him sneaking around my room to try the newly installed RC games when he thought I’m still asleep and would sometimes try to impress me by creating some photo manipulations in Photoshop. “Hay, kids, always playing on the microphone. Doing things…blah-blah-blah…”

Iris or Puling is the middle child. And as a middle child she’s expected to be the weirdest. Turns out she’s the only one upright. Bash! When we were younger, about like years before Nightmare came, she was my baby. I’d be her super ate in school who’d shoo off her bully classmates tormenting her in the hallways because she’s fat. But now she’s really bigger than me (not to mention looks older) and I am now the one who’s always in trouble looking for cover so I’d just slide behind her when the going gets tough.

I miss my siblings so much now that when I go out of my room and would see the closed doors of Puling’s room and the stashed Naruto DVD’s of Nightmare I’d go like, “Have we grown up that much now or what is just me aging?”

1 comment:

Kc said...

yeah, people perceive middle children to be weird...but yeah, we're usually the ones who are upright all along...

hahahahahahaha! *ang bigat ng bangko*