Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Countdown Begins thru Cake

------------------------------------------------

It’s officially one (1) week before my birthday, and this is the only time I confirmed this. Ha-ha. I’m not used to doing this but I’m really kind of excited (well, not exactly all excited, you know) but it’s all gonna be good.

Something reminded me of my birthday yesterday and it’s definitely the Chocolate Mousse Cake from Dell’s that I ate for lunch. It was really yummy and so sugary that it took my energy and my family history of diabetes to a different level. Sigh, I can only manage to eat a slice or else I won’t be able to think like a normal human being after that.

While playing with my thoughts about how wonderful I feel as of the moment I started browsing the net for some really interesting images of cakes that I’d love to have for my birthday. Hmm, I just hope mama and papa is watching. *wink,wink*

Let's start with my ultimate favorite cake of all cakes. Chocolate Mousse. This image is from Red Ribbon, which also happens to be the sweetest cake franchise in the entire Philippines. Why? Well, let's just say that on many special occasions Red Ribbon has served me and my family with so much courteousness that no ordinary Filipino would expect from a really well-known food joint. Okey, so isn't this supposed to be all about me?

Another cake from Red Ribbon that is never last in my family's list of must-haves on the table for special occasions. The Black Forest is also responsible for my brothers' first taste of wine.

Haagen Dazs' Belgian Choco Seduction. Need I say more? Yeah. Seduction, like this cake is the all-time teaser of the Haagen Daz Store.

Perfect Harmony by Haagen Daz. So who ever says there's no equality in this world has never been to a Haagen Daz store. Because seriously, if you're looking for Perfect Harmony, like what I do, I'd just drop by their store at The Shang. He-he. Peace!

Bailey's Cheesecake. All right you guys, let's just say you're just so bored with your usual latte that you want to start drinking but doesn't want the smell of it since you'd need to be back home to mom. Well, here's the answer to that. Oh, sorry, I was referring to Bailey's, the drink.

Here are some curious looking cakes that really made me look them up on web. White-Chocolate Mousse and Strawberry Cheescake By Filomena Gourmet Bakery in Georgetown. She's an international success in creating dessert selections such as the ones posted. She also caters all different kinds of Choco Mousse Cakes that would really mock your favorite list. From White Chocolate Mousse to Triple Chocolate, Macadamia Nut, Chocolate Caramel, to Raspberry, oh gosh, you name it. Wow! That's 25 years of sweet success. Here's an interesting fact about Madame Filomena Ristorante of Georgetown and her renowned gourmet bakery: Did you know that her Chef's were once bakers for the President of the United States and as well as some of other high ranking dignitaries? Sounds really fascinating eh?

Haayy, so those were the 7 cakes I'd like to have for my birthday this coming Monday - June 16. Aw! Now this is really formally announcing it, Ayin. Bash! Now for those who're waiting for treat, party or whatever, I'm not really sure about that you know. I called in for some reinforcement on my financial status from my parents and so I can't be too sure if there'd be some kind of a you-know-what party. He-he. Standby for updates though.

No comments: