Saturday, September 21, 2013

Our First Time at Zark's Burger

It was a Sunday morning. We were on our way to Antipolo to do an ocular inspection on one of the resorts for team building. Anyway, I remember vividly the very first time Vince and I walked in at Zark's Burger Katipunan.

Zarks-Burgers
(photo from Zark's Burger Facebook page)








We were seated near the doorway. There was only quite a few number of people inside the restaurant that time we were handed the menu. With wild eyes we read it, battling with ourselves to stop from salivating as we go along the list of burgers.

Vince-Natividad-Reading-the-Zarks-Burger-Menu
Someone's having a hard time choosing
The first time I was handed that menu I could not believe my eyes. The burger names are so fun to read! First, they are categorized in 2 - The Minor League and The Major League - then the list of the very well thought of names: Strikeout! Homerun! Tapout! And so on. I laughed at the Floyd Chicken Burger. I said to myself, if the inspiration of this burger is the badass Floyd Mayweather, then I hope he gets to read this, man! He's going to flip. One tip though, while reading the menu, don't forget to look at the white board near the kitchen area. They'd usually write in there their specialty burger of the day or something like that, just so you won't have a hard time deciding what to get. Speaking of which, we go back to that very same dilemma...

Vince-Natividad-at-Zarks-Burger-Katipunan
We really had a hard time choosing which Zark's Burger is going to stuff us fat.
Finally, we've decided to take one from the Minor League and one from Major League. I decided I wanted a spicy burger, a really spicy one actually. Then I saw the Burger From Hell description. This is what it said:

"Cayenne burger topped with sauted onions and chili, chili garlic oil, and chili cheese sauce...P135"

It was perfect. I was sold. While I've finally had my order ready with me, Vince, on the other hand really took his time. I initially wanted him to try the Deep Fried Burger but he made it clear to me that he wants to decide on his own on this one. After all, choosing the right burger is a serious business. Then, I urged him to try the Jawbreaker burger, and the Challenge. He gave me a hard stare. I explained my self, I said, "Well, Antipolo is a long ride from here and we'll also probably be walking a lot finding these places in my list..." I saw eyes glitter. He took my suggestion. Without the challenge though.

Zarks-Burgers-Menu
(photo from Zark's Burgers Facebook page)
A couple minutes later and our orders arrived. I guess you can probably tell by now how we reacted when the plates hit the table and the burgers are left for us to devour. We were like two open-mouthed, goggle-eyed kids! We were just so amazed at the sight of our big burgers (describing it as big is actually bordering understatement). Vince's burger is so tall. I mean, it's definitely not the tallest in the menu, but it sure is a sight to behold. Zark's Burgers Jawbreaker will most definitely tower down, say, the burgers from Army Navy, Charlie's Grind and Grill or BRGR Project. Hey, don't get me wrong. I love the burgers from the burger spots that I mentioned. It is just that this one is just such an amazing site!

vince-natividad-and-zarks-burgers-jawbreakers
The Zark's Burgers Jawbreaker, P250
I on the other side of the table also did have a special moment with my burger. The Burger From Hell is just so beautiful. It is bigger than the average fast-food burgers you get around and is caped with the best looking Chili Cheese sauce I had ever seen in my life. A Cayenne Burger like no other. I can talk all day about this burger and all but I guess you'd rather see for yourself what this thing is about.

zarks-burgers-burger-from-hell
Zark's Burgers Burger From Hell with Potato Wedges, P135.

Well, I guess now you know what I mean when I say, you'll never forget the first time you eat at Zark's Burgers. It's definitely one for the books.


Zark's Burgers Katipunan

Mon - Thu: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm

Fri - Sun: 9:00 am - 11:00 pm

Taft: 09237372517

BF PAranaque: 09237372515

(Some of the details are taken from the Zark's Burgers Facebook page)




No comments: