Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Curious Incident With the Vanilla Sky

You know the times when you first open your eyes in the morning, stretch out a little, look out the window, see the morning sky and feel the world full of life again? Yeah. That's my most favorite time of the day. The moment reality would hit me I would just look outside the window and check out my most favorite thing in the world God has ever created. The Vanilla Skies.

I like taking things easy I have to say. That is why out of all the things that could make a person happy and content, all I need is a place to sit and admire the view of the sky. Add a picturesque beach on the side and I'm done. He-he.

But I hate the cloud outside my window today. There are gray clouds I see that may cause me to drag an umbrella going out. So I hopped out of bed. Armed with a basket full of toiletries I went straight to the bathroom and bathe. I wasn't thinking about how much I've scrubbed my skin or washed my hair off, I was mindful of the sky outside. At exactly fifteen minutes I was done. I immediately put on whatever article of clothing I got my hands on and went running downstairs to meet Vanilla Sky.

Vanilla wasn't there. It was Gray. Damn it, no! Sadly I went back upstairs and hastily grabbed the black umbrella on top of chest board. I went downstairs again and out into the morning sky of Gray. There she is. Peeking out of little open space between clouds of Gray I saw her. The Vanilla Sky. She would not let go, I thought to myself.

I kept my umbrella unopened and walked cheerfully to work. Above and beyond my imagination Vanilla is smiling back.

No comments: