Saturday, November 8, 2008

My 12-year old friend

Because I'm such a kid at heart I became the ultimate BFF (Best Friend for Life) of a twelve year old girl named Aegerine Kern. She's the only daughter of our landlady. She's half German if I may say so and is a few inches smaller than me. In time I know that'll change. Anyway, she's really sweet, though her stubbornness often sends people flying off the wall, I just smile at her. Aside from myself, Aegerine's one misunderstood girl. She freaks out people with her Sarah Geronimo style of singing while eating at the dining table, she bullies you back when you offend her, she doesn't eat a lot, she dances anywhere, she looks at you intriguingly and appraisingly like what most fashionistas call the "Manhattan Onceover", she talks a lot of non-sense and she bitches you around.

Oh whatever, this is a twelve year old kid who became so dear to me after about a few months of moving in. I can't exactly remember how but I think it all started when I was invited to watch zombie movies in their room after eating dinner. She started saying things like
"You look familiar...", "You look like someone I know...", "You're cute..." , "You don't look like your age..." , "You're...", "You...". Basically that's when the friendship started.

Going back to Aegerine. Today, I just want to share with you something she shared with me. She's just like any other teenage girls we all know. She poses sweetly for the camera. She ties her hair in pig tails. She braids her hair. She takes a daily dose of Vitamin-C (according to her mom). She has a crush on one of her classmates named Jeffrey. She wants to be a celebrity, a singer most definitely. She wants to grow up fast. Her mp3 player only plays one song and that is This is Me from a Disney Channel show which was sung by a girl whom I have never heard of and her favorite The Jonas Brothers (eek!). She gossips. She lies. She makes other babies cry. She plays badminton in the street. She wears pink skirts. And she loves her mom and dad.

One of my most memorable experiences with Aegerine is when she's was left alone in their house. Her mother is a treasurer of Dating Daan and her dad was out on an exploration that time(I'm not sure about this though). She asked me to stay with her and watch movies. We watched White Chicks and guffawed with laughter all over the place. She learned to mimic the line that one of the cloned white chicks said when they arrived at the hotel. She'd say,
"Credit card? I.D.? I am so freakin' pissed." Ha-ha-ha. I had loved that movie ever since.

I will share with you one of the things that Aegerine is most fond of. Japanese boys. Yeah. Well, this is her favorite band as of now and I learned to like it after she sang it to me the second time around. Watch it and have fun the way a twelve year old girl does.

Tegomasu - Ai Ai Gasa


No comments: