Friday, November 7, 2008

It Started and Ended With A Kiss

Ok. I know this sounds really, really, really (really, really, repeat till fade) corny, but I figured this is what really happened between Vince and Me. It started with a kiss.


October 26, The After-Party


Vince celebrated his 22nd birthday at a pub somewhere in Xavier Ville. Really cool place for me since it was my first time there, they were the usuals so I was kind of like turning my head everywhere. Nothing important transpired that night except for (what I was told) the time they started teasing Vince and me to get together. I thought whatever because I was drunk and could hardly remember a thing! Anyway, the after-party is what made both ends meet. Ahem.

Morning of Sunday, October 26, I woke up 9am and went downstairs after a booze-beaten sleep. As I can recall I saw Vince lying on the floor a magazine in one hand with the equally booze-beaten two-some Che and Nix. I thought of joining them so I dived in, beside Vince. I rolled over the carpet and must have probably landed on top of his body that’s why I ended up curling inside his enclosed arms. I didn’t like the feeling of my back on him so I turned around and faced him. As I inch closer the more I could feel how manly he is amidst the bushy long hair, the soft chinky eyes, and the lustfully thin lips. I say nothing beats my drunken eye. Anyway, so I felt the urge to put my arms around him, the goddess that he is to me, and feel his body. Oh heaven's sake, I don't know what I'm doing b he just feels so right! My God, how can you have made me such an idiot to not notice this when we were in college, hmm? Back to reality, the more I made my arm linger on top of his waist (or somewhere there) the more immense was I at the thought that what was happening between me and my imagination is utterly unaccepted. All of a sudden he was inching closer too. His arm was somewhere on top of my torso and in seconds we were wrapped in an embrace! Hooray! Ahem. Sorry.

So there, wrapped in an embrace. Oh God, that felt so wonderful. I could stay there forever! I closed my eyes and duck down somewhere on top of his chest. It didn’t felt right. So I tossed my chin up. Suddenly the heavenly intervention occurred, we kissed!

Love at First Kiss

I could not believe it. The moment our lips touched there was already love. *blushing* Ok. I might have been exaggerating this thing between Vince and me, but I just think that’s how it all came to be. It wasn’t just a smooch; it was a perfect kiss, a lips-to-lips contact, and a body to soul relation kind of thing. So what more do you want me to ask for?

Two Weeks Ago

They say that everyday, you get little surprises. Two weeks ago I got the biggest surprise of my life. I received an email from a college friend. It was just like the typical how are you? messages you get from old friends you haven’t seen in years.

Weeks before I’ve already been retracing myself. After Riannes' death (r.i.p.) I was already looking out for all the friends I had before when I suddenly came across this email. I felt a sudden interest to re-connect that looking at this email and pressing the reply button almost made me fly.

I asked to be reunited to my two college best friends, Che and Eunice. I asked this from the sender, Vince. I was so happy he was interacting with me that I had already forgotten if I really do know him and if he does know me too. To be honest, I only know him by face, he-he-he. Well, I was an academic-devotee in college and he was the peers-oriented type, you know, are paths never crossed, unless of course I hang out. But yes, I do know him from my friends. We have lots of common friends by the way. Anyway, so there we were, after a series of emails through Friendster we exchanged YM addresses and thus, the new found friendship began.

Vince came in totally unexpected. He was a total sweetheart right from the start. When I explained to him that I was treating my eating disorder he was more than, or somewhat, concerned. We became textmates and I informed him of how much I suffered eating just soup, crackers and fruits all day for a week. He became my confidante. The best part of it all is that we were enjoying ourselves. Little did I notice that he's starting to become my new best friend. I realized I was already half asking about my old friends. All day that we would be chatting or texting each other, he never failed to amuse me. He was making me happy. He can completely divert a mindset of a serious IT copywriter to a childlike cracker. We became really close.

It Ended with a Kiss

When I realized that I had to answer his question with only a yes and a no, I froze. I couldn’t believe this will ever happen. When he was cupping my face with his two hands, lying on the carpeted floor of my best friends’ house, face to face, asking me that open-ended-heart-tearing-seriously-the-end-of-friendship question, I nearly died.

I had said yes and he kissed me back. It ended with a kiss. By it means being just friends. After a series of stoned silence and kisses filled conversation we are now an official couple. Him, mine… I, his.

No comments: