Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Prince of Egypt

Mud…

Sand…

Water…

Straw…

Faster!

Mud… And lift…

Sand… And pull…

Water… And raise up…

Straw… Faster!

With the sting of the whip on my shoulder

With the salt of my sweat on my brow

Elohim, God on high, can you hear your people cry: “Help us now. This dark hour… Deliver us.”


I watched The Prince of Egypt last night at the boarding house together with two thirds of The Kerns. I was on the phone texting Vince and Eeyan when the movie started and this song started playing. It echoed in the interiors of the house. Some boarders even went downstairs to check what the racket is all about. Astonished I fixed my eyes on the screen and there it is. I was transfixed, swept away by the music and the animation that my eyes started to moist. I was ready to cry right then and there. But I was told that the movie hasn’t really started yet. Means I’m in for some more of this.

What mesmerized me more about this movie is the animated Moses. His facial expressions were so real that I thought the real Moses should’ve looked just like that. Fascinating. Every scene was so magical that I nearly declared it the best animated movie I had ever seen. Okay, well Cinderella was my ultimate fairytale movie but this movie is definitely something else. Oh well, if it’s the best, might as well not compare it to anything else then. He-he.

After the crossing of the Red-Sea I was already choking in tears. I couldn’t trust myself to speak about how this movie made me feel because the feeling is beyond words to describe. So after the credits I gave Aegirine and her dad Kuya Billy a quick goodbye and run quickly upstairs to hide my tears. I’m such a looser, you know. He-he. But the moment I hit the sack I was reminded of my Grandmother in Tacloban. She sent me a booklet called A Brighter Tomorrow which initially I thought was for kids. I kept it in my Starbucks planner and told myself I’ll be reading it one day.

I hit my bed at 12am because I did some more journals on my planner. I put my arms around my pillow and thought about the song I just heard. Shortly, I was singing Elohim, God on high, can you hear your people cry: “Help us now. This dark hour… Deliver us.”

No comments: