Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Weekend Chronicles (Backlogs from my notebook)

Saturday June 28, 2008 – Mother & Son

My eldest cousin, Lema, just gave birth to his second baby boy she named Mark Kevin Descalsote-Blancaflor today at around 6:02 in the evening. Me, my sister Iris, my Ate Lema’s younger siblings Ate Genny and Ate Rosie were all there for nothing more to give her but some resounding gasps and some almost failing support, that is because most of us haven’t eaten lunch, just came from work (that’s me) and had not had proper sleep the day before (must be me as well). This birth, to be honest, is so unexpected. My cousin planned this day to be a joint birthday celebration (because it was her birthday last 27th) and a baby shower. But since her water bag broke while getting a check-up at the Marikina Valley Hospital we had to celebrate just a welcome party for baby Kevin instead.

Sunday, June 29, 2008 – The Ride Back Home

So this really isn’t very eventful okay, but I had some moments while I was sitting beside my younger brother on our way back home in Antipolo – Family support. I witnessed how sometimes family members do not understand why standing together as a family is so important during the most trying or difficult times your life. I say this because honestly I left our house in Marikina and my cousin’s hospital room broken hearted. Sadly, because the parents of my cousin (which were my uncle and auntie) and her other siblings (because they were five in the family and Ate Lema was the eldest) never as in never even intended to visit her in the hospital. I was furious about this that I asked my parents to come over instead. This is because my mother is really the best in our so-called parenting and the most loving and caring mom of all the mom’s in our family (no offense to my tita’s) and my father is the best comedian in the entire clan. I just thought that can put a little smile on my Ate Lemas’ already fear-stricken face. Oh gosh! Didn’t I mention baby Kevin is in dextrose? Well too bad yes he is. He’s a premature baby (only seven months) and the nurses said there was some sort of a brief breathing problem they noticed shortly after he’d been set on the nursery room. Oh I’m really so sad now, sorry.

Anyway, as I sat beside my brother Nico and infront of us were our parents chatting animatedly on something I can’t hear I start a little chat with my brother.

Me: Koniks, nagugutom ka ba?
Koniks: (sharply turns his head to look at me in the eye, smiling.) Yes.
Me: (giggles knowing what’s on his mind) Sige, wait lang ahh…Pagdating natin sa Bayan bili tayo kahit chips.
Koniks: (Smiles sweetly and says…) Yehey!

--the end—

No comments: