Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Simon Pegg

After watching Shaun of the Dead - twice in a row (I obviously can't seem to get enough of it), Guest House Paradiso and Run, Fatboy, Run, I am now a Simon Pegg fan. My gosh!

I've said this a couple of days ago to a friend that I'm developing this sort of fascination over British. Brandon Flowers of the The Killers is totally becoming a staple in my everyday living though I'm not sure he's Brit but since their stint in Abbey Road I just thought so. And if you put him together with Simon, oh my! I mean I know right they're just soooo urgh irresistibly cute! Oh please somebody stop me.

Now I can't last a day without watching these two guys now. Simon and Brandon. Brandon and Simon. Okay enough! I'll feature Brandon Flowers in my next post promise! (marking the calendar now). But for now - Simon Pegg.
Simon is simply one of the funny and talented guys I've seen on tv. I was so amazed when I found out he has co-written Shaun of the Dead which is one of the funniest so-unheard-of-movies I've ever seen. That movie is what directors now call the Rom-Zom-Com type of films because of the brilliant idea of mixing two genres (Horror and Romantic Comedy) into one movie and still keep everything intact. I'm sure when you see at least one of those movies I mentioned you will get the drift. And if you check on his other films you will notice that he's been casted with almost the same actors and actress. Like in Shaun of the Dead he's with Nick Frost (which has been Simon's best friend for 15 years. Whoa!) who starred with him again in Hot Fuzz along with many others. In Guest House Paradiso he was also there with Liz from Shaun of the Dead. In Run, Fatboy, Run he was there with Dylan Morgan who also was in Shaun of the Dead. I mean I know this is small...small...world! Lolx. Just kidding. But boo whatever, I love this guy. Period.

So, as for that, I will let you see Simon Pegg at his simplest form. Ha-ha! I mean in his simplest funny role. I'm just not sure if this is Dylan Morgan (the guy who could have been the older version of Harry Potter) whom he's with in this scene but anyway, take a good look at this lad, and have one bloody hell of a time! Blimey, what's gotten in me? British eh!

P.S. Simon also stars in the movie How to Lose Friends and Alienate People along side Kirsten Dunst(Spiderman Trilogy) and Megan Fox(Transformers) and Big Nothing with David Schwimer and a film with Gillian Anderson (X-Files). This only means one thing... He's coming to invade America! Hahaha! I love this! So move over Jim Carey... Simon Pegg's here! Wuhoo!

Do you Speak English? from Big Train

No comments: