Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mang Frederick's Barbecue

I remember, when I used to live in Marikina my Sundays were always special. You can wake up late, watch lots of TV, have a feast at lunch and probably sleep some more in the afternoon. One of the most anticipated things that happens during Sunday is going to mass. Of course, being a Catholic this is normal. Habitual if you ask me. Sadly, though, since I left the compounds of our ancestral house, I hardly made a trip to church and hear mass anymore. Anyway, I'm really not going to talk about going to church here (like in this post and in this post too). I am actually going to tell you about a simple barbecue place just outside the church we go to on Sundays and why it is so popular to locals in Marikina.

Mang Frederick's Barbecue





I'm talking about Mang Frederick's Barbecue just outside Our Lady of Abandon Church in San Roque, Marikina. This barbecue stop sells about 4 or 5 types of barbecued pork parts only - Tenga, Isaw, Laman, Dugo, Bulaklak. All with the same price of 10 pesos. Easy on the pocket, right? See that's one of the reasons why this is a very popular food trip for Marikina locals like us. It's that easy to remember.

One problem we usually encounter with this Marikina hot spot is the crowd. A lot of people really flock Mang Frederick's cart. Many times before, we'd try to come in a little early for mass just so we can buy from the cart because if you'd wait after mass everything will most probably be sold out since it has long held the reputation of the best Marikina barbecue. That usually happens, you know. Some times, when after the mass and the cart is still overflowing with barbecue to last until Kingdom Come you would then have to battle with the crowd. So there are only two things you'd have to remember when you come to this place:
1. The barbecue sells fast, and 
2. It gets really crowded if #1 did not happen.

My sister with the goodies

I have not been to Mang Frederick's Barbecue during weekdays so I can't actually tell if they're open then. But if you guys know details about this, please tell us at the comments section below. Other than that, I highly recommend that you try going to OLA church this Sunday and try for yourself a stick or two of Mang Frederick's Barbecue. You'll be happy you did.


Mang Frederick's Barbecue
V. Gomez St., Brgy. San Roque, Marikina City
Outside the compounds of Our Lady of Abandon Church, Marikina City



No comments: