Saturday, June 7, 2008

"The Habit"



I saw this Ad online today and so I started writing this blog post. So fitting, I told myself.

I’m a smoker. Yes. This is true. I’ve been smoking since 2005 and since then I had the hardest times getting out of the habit. Now, I’m kicking it out of my system. Today marks the first week of my being a smoke-free individual. I know I haven’t progressed that much, you know, but honestly I’m really working hard to stay away from it.

I used to make so many excuses just to have a reason to grab a stick. If I sense a really stressful workload ahead I’d runaway from my post, go out of the building, light a stick and I’m adrift. Many times I’ve thought smoking as a great activity to bond with my friends. That’s because most of them smokes. But isn’t that a wonderful reason to continue smoking? I want to spend time with my friends after work so I could shake the stress away and just have fun and talk while holding a cigar. It's sort of a tool to bring us all together, huddle-up (with the absence of beer), talk, open-up and confide. It simply makes EVERY social gathering pleasurable that you’d want to stay there together a lot longer. So there, Smoking galore!

Well, I’m enough of this. I’m grabbing a stick later. I can’t quit smoking and live to tell the story. I can’t just get over it right now. I’m sorry but I think it’s too hard to stop. For now, the habit stays.

No comments: